kød emballage  

Posted by Colin Fahy

Back on that first night when Crissy and I went to the house party we had met this romanian girl, Adelina. Now, to be completely honest pretty much my only memory of her was her walking away from us as we both left the party, though I do remember her being extremely attractive. But Crissy got her number. She had tried to get in contact with her on a couple occasions with no luck. Apparently Adelina had been asking about "Mr. Curls," according to Crissy. She gives me her number and we get in contact. That night a bunch of us americans from Tietgen, the dorm on campus, were drinking there and then planning to head over to the meat packing district. The meat packing district is this area where there used to be... meat packing. Now all the abandoned warehouses have been turned into trendy clubs. It is also in the area where all the prostitutes and drug addicts live.


Adelina wanted to meet up. After drinking for a while with the americans, me and Adelina agree to meet at Nørreport station and then catch up to the others at the meat packing district. I leave tietgen and get on my bike (Drunk cykling, surprisingly easy.) with promises to meet back up with everyone at the meat packing district.
Moment of truth, I hear someone call out to me at the station. Only mildly disappointed. (Love you if your reading this Adelina.) Did not live up to the drunk image I had created for myself, but she was still very cute.
Her accent is just ridiculously charming. 
We walk over to the meat packing district. We walk into the place that my friends said they would be going to. But it was way too crowded and the music wasn't that great, so we move to the club next door. Now I have never been bought a drink by a girl. Maybe that's just me, but I definitely enjoy the little bit of role reversal they seem to have here, and immediately I am bought a beer. I pick up the next round of course.
I never got a call from my friends. Tried calling them with no answer. I had figured at this point that they maybe decided against going out as it was already getting late (by american standards) before I had even left them. Found out the next day that they actually were there, I just never ran into them. Oh well, I still had a great time.
Hunger leads us away and towards durum and fanta. We decide to head back to her place, which is in Herlev. Looking for trains and buses she seems dissatisfied with the options available. I have no idea where we were headed. So we decide to get a cab. One thing of note, from afar, taxis look like police and police look like taxis. The politi all drive vans while the taxi drivers all drive little prowlers. Taxi drivers definitely drive aggressively here, and ignore lanes.
When we arrive at her kollegiet, she asks me if I have heard of Plants vs. Zombies. Fuck yeah I've heard of plants vs zombies! It was an amazing coincidence that I had just started playing the game that week. On my parents netbook that I took to europe with me my dad had installed a demo of the game. It's this stupid(wonderful) game where you plant plants to protect your house from invading zombies. Made by PopCap games. (The people that brought you such hits as: Peggle and Peggle Nights) So we take turns playing this single player game. I'm sitting there thinking "You've got to be kidding me." This girl invites me over to her place at 4am to play Plants vs Zombies. 
And it was so much fun.
In the morning we end up beating the game. Kind of disappointing actually as now I have no reason to play the game on my own computer. She invites me to a beach party she was going to that day. But I felt like shit. Mostly because I wasn't really able to sleep well at her place, and I was sweating from the heat in her room.
We bid adieu and I take the bus and metro back to Nørreport to get my bike and cycle home. Of course after a nice bike ride I always feel better. I still slept the rest of that day though.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 7:35 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment